Residential Protection Plus
Peace of mind for all of your favorite services.
What is Protection Plus?
Protection Plus includes premiere home Wi-Fi connectivity, wiring maintenance and equipment replacement. Internet subscribers with Protection Plus receive a GigaCenter dual-band wireless router which delivers a strong Wi-Fi signal at blazing fast speeds. Protection Plus also includes a maintenance plan to ensure the inside wiring and jacks in your home, that run your phone, Internet and TV service, will stay in proper working condition. Your Nex-Tech provided Internet equipment is also covered. If it stops working as expected, we will troubleshoot it and repair or replace it for free. Protection Plus is $9.99 per month.
What are the benefits?
- Exceptional Wi-Fi Internet – The GigaCenter dual-band wireless router, that is provided to our Internet subscribers with Protection Plus, provides outstanding Wi-Fi range and performance throughout your home. This powerful router sends data over two different radio frequencies and dedicates bandwidth across the separate wi-fi networks to avoid interference and support higher upload speeds.
- Equipment and Wiring Maintenance – In the event that your Nex-Tech provided TV or Internet equipment stops working, you can rest assured that the Nex-Tech technical support team will walk you through the troubleshooting process, and if your issue can’t be resolved over the phone, we’ll arrange for a professional technician to come to your home during normal business hours to fix or replace the equipment.
- Without Protection Plus – There is a $110/hour charge for a professional technician to troubleshoot and repair wiring, jacks or other issues related to your Nex-Tech services in your home.
What does it cover?
If you experience problems at your home such as static on the line, or failure of your Nex-Tech provided router, Protection Plus will cover the charge for a professional technician to come to your home. After an evaluation, the technician will repair any issues caused by wiring, jacks, Internet service or your Nex-Tech provided wireless router. If the problem is a customer caused issue, such as damage to the equipment, jacks or wiring caused by a pet or by dropping the equipment, Protection Plus will cover only the first occurrence.
What doesn’t it cover?
- Installation of new jacks
- Repair of telephones, televisions or computers and all peripheral devices
- Business Telephone Systems, such as a key system or PBX
- Business networking
- Streaming TV equipment such as Fire TV Sticks, Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, etc.
- Remote control batteries or battery replacement
- Wireless router not provided by Nex-Tech
- Customer-caused issues, such as pets chewing on wires, accidentally cutting a wire during a home remodel, etc. (Protection Plus will only cover the first instance.)